Sunday, April 15, 2012

not so busy, but busy enough

I took some pictures earlier this week, with every intention of posting them that very day . . . but then I forgot to move them from the camera to the computer . . . and, well . . .  you know . . . I got distracted.
Anyways, Bella turned 1 on Tuesday.
P1050508
She had a Kung Fu Panda party. Just kidding. Joel wanted to make her a meat cake. I said no.
P1050512copy
Bruno took a party favour and escaped to the couch in the Rec Room. Note, he pretty much takes up the whole couch.
Side by side shots of Bella at 1 year and at 2 months:
P1050510copyP1040611

The only other big news around here is that I wrote a big exam yesterday – a Swedish-language proficiency exam. It was 5 hours long; first reading comprehension, followed by time in the studio doing listening comprehension (answers both written and spoken, which were recorded), then a written portion (3 “essays” which required me to not only write but have opinions about subjects I had no opinions of!) and finally an interview which was video-taped (again, I had to have opinions about 2 topics I was only given 2 minutes to think about!). It will be 2 months before I receive the results, so I’ve put the grammar books away and won’t take them out again unless I need to re-do the test!
That’s all for now,
Barb

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Happy Birthday Bella! No meat cake? Too funny...
And Bruno is gi-normous!!
That exam explanation exhaausted me!

Purplestamper said...

I want to echo Cheri's comments and cause I am also SHERI I think that works. I love your blog Barb, so glad you do it cause it makes the world seem a little smaller. I think of you often. Happy Day and Keeping my fingers crossed for a great test result.

Sheri

The Holms

Denmark Road Trip

The outskirts of St. Pete

St. Petersburg

Saint Petersburg: Sankt-Peterburg, Russian pronunciation: is a city and a federal subject of Russia located on the Neva River at the head of the Gulf of Finland on the Baltic Sea. The city's other names were Petrograd (1914–1924) and Leningrad (1924–1991). Founded by Tsar Peter I of Russia on 27 May, 1703, it was the capital of the Russian Empire for more than two hundred years (1713–1728, 1732–1918). Saint Petersburg is home to more than two hundred museums, many of them hosted in historic buildings. The largest of the museums is the Hermitage Museum, featuring interiors of the former imperial residence and a vast collection of art. Celebrating the 300th anniversary of its foundation, Saint Petersburg was selected as the main motif in a recent Finnish commemorative coin, the €10 Mannerheim and Saint Petersburg commemorative coin, minted in 2003. The reverse of the coin features a view of Saint Petersburg, with the Peter and Paul Fortress and its three turrets. In the coin the words "St. Petersburg 1703-2003" can be seen.